Each ingredient has powerful properties to help ease symptoms. Coconut milk’s antimicrobial properties and healthy fats help prevent digestive problems. Ginger aids in digestion and calming upset stomachs. And turmeric, as a potent anti-inflammatory and antiseptic, can ease inflammation in the digestive tract lining and help prevent ulcers.
In particular, turmeric can:
- Sooth and heal digestive tract lining;
- Detox the body by improving bile flow, stimulating liver;
- Reduce fever and/or pain;
- Prevent ulcers;
- Improve circulation and thin blood;
- Relieve arthritis.
Besides coconut milk, ginger, and turmeric, we recommend honey and black pepper; black pepper increases turmeric absorption, and honey provides rich nutrients.
Here’s how we recommend preparing the drink.
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 tsp ginger powder (or 1 piece sliced ginger if you have it)
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tblsp organic honey
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
Mix all ingredients (minus the honey) in a bowl, then cook in a saucepan on low for 5 minutes. Let cool, then add honey.
The drink aids digestion, deters acid reflux, and soothes stomachs – you’ll be amazed at how well it works.