Chinese medicine has been curing ailments using pressure points on your body for 2,000 years. Acupuncture is the most famous, but there is a less intrusive method which works just as good – the ice method.
This method focuses on your Feng Fut point, which is positioned on the midline at the nape of the neck, in the depression between where the skull meets the neck. Chinese traditional medicine states it “is where the Governing vessel penetrates the brain”, it has been used for centuries to improve health and general well-being.
Find Your Feng Fu Point
- While lying down or sitting up with your head leaning forward, use your hands to touch the back of your neck.
- Feel the point where the bottom of your skull meets your neck.
- You should be able to feel an “indent” in your neck between your two neck muscles.
- If you’re having trouble finding it, try tilting your head back so you can feel your neck muscles better. In the middle of them, you will find your Feng Fu Point.
While lying down, place an ice cube on your Feng Fu Point. If you are sitting up, then you can wrap a bandage around the ice cube placed on your point, and you will still have the desired effects within 20 minutes of application. In the first 30 seconds, you might feel a particular heat sensation go throughout your body, this means the ice is in the right place and it is working.
Watch the video below to find out more about the Feng Fu point
Sometimes we get annoying headaches that won’t go away, we sometimes attribute them to being tired or dehydrated, but they can sometimes be the symptom of some deeper offset in the body that we are unaware of. Using the ice method on your Feng Fu point for 20 minutes a couple of times a day will help get your body back its over all balance and will see the end of those mysterious headaches.
- Stimulating your Feng Fu point can also help cure:
- Colds and flu
- Better digestive harmony
- Improved sleep patterns
- Can stop vomiting when you have a virus
It has also been proven to help:
- General happiness /helps with depression.
- Help prevent dizziness
- Improves cardiovascular system
- Reduce asthma symptoms
- Manages thyroid problems