Avocados are one of the healthiest foods you can eat, and the benefits have been enjoyed since the time of the Aztecs. They are high in the healthy fats the body needs to thrive without being high in saturated fat.
They also have anti inflammatory properties and are high in potassium, magnesium and fiber. This recipe is a great way to incorporate avocados into your diet with these delicious brownies.
Sweet potato brownies recipe
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 avocado
- 1 C cooked sweet potato puree
- ½ C Applesauce
- 1/4 – 1/2 C honey
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 C Coconut flour
- 2 tbsp arrowroot powder
- ½ C cacao powder
- ½ tsp Sea salt
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- ¼ C honey
- ½ C sprouted almond butter
- ¼ C cacao powder
- ½ C coconut milk
- Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Grease 8×8 pan with coconut oil and line it with parchment paper
- In a bowl, combine avocado, sweet potato, applesauce, honey and vanilla. Once creamy, add
- in cacao powder
- Add in eggs one at a time
- In a separate bowl, combine coconut flour, arrowroot flour, salt and baking soda.
- Combine both mixtures until smooth.
- Transfer to greased pan and bake for 25-35 minutes
- While baking, combine the last 5 ingredients listed in a separate bowl and mix until creamy
- and smooth
- Once the brownies are done baking and have cooled, frost with this mixture.