Fundamentally, Gout is a health condition that is caused by a build-up of uric acid crystals in the joints, which occurs due to the improper metabolism of the uric. What happens here is that the kidneys isn’t able to properly eliminate the uric acid from the body, creating deposits in the joints, triggering the inflammation. This then results in hyperuricemia, the accumulation of uric acid in the joints, though that does not mean that because you have a hyperuricemia, you will also develop grout.
– immense swelling
– reddish discoloration,
– severe pain
– peeling and itching
– stiffness in the affected joint.
Fortunately, there are several natural remedies out there to prevent the crystallization of the uric acid. A diet modification is essential. So if you have a gout, you need to consume an adequate amount of fiber rich foods like lean meat, fruits, and whole grains. Furthermore, you must lessen your consumption or sugar rich foods, alcohol, and processed foods. Aside from that, you must also drink plenty of water, not only to hydrate your body, but also to naturally alleviate the uric acid, wastes, and toxins in your body. Moreover, drinking tea and fresh juices can likewise help.
Other than the ones mentioned above, there are also other natural remedies available to relieve the pain and the swelling of the grout. Here are those:
- Baking soda is really efficient, as it lessens the pain of having the gout by neutralizing the acid. You simply just have to add half a teaspoon of baking soda in a glass of water, and drink it 3-4 times a day, and more than that.
- Apple cider vinegar is another effective gout remedy, as it can help relieve the pain, by helping your body to dissolve the uric acid and eliminate it from your body. Just add a tablespoon of organic apple cider vinegar to a glass of water, and then drink this solution twice a day.
- Alkaline foods and drinks, such as lemon juice, can likewise help in lessening the symptoms of gout, as these prevent the deposits of uric acid. Simply squeeze half a lemon in a glass of lukewarm water, and drink it on an empty stomach in the morning.
- Turmeric’s active ingredient, the curcumin, helps by protecting the kidneys and by reducing its inflammation.
- Flaxseeds can also lessen the levels of uric acid in your body.
- Pineapples and Bromelain also have strong anti-inflammatory properties, which can help in lessening the symptoms of your gout.